Monday, November 24, 2008

break free


this weekend, out of the blue, mico just wanted to hear the music of QUEEN. i dont know... when he got back from the market and finished preparing the items.. he went straight to our room and started downloading and googling queen's songs and about freddie mercury.

queen is one of my father's favorite band. I remeber back then that the sound of "radio gaga.. radio goo goo.." and under pressure will wake us up during week ends. i must say one of my favorite queen song is the bohemian rhapsody. that is before i found out that love of my life is queen's as well. I was amazed because this song sounded like a woman singing it. this is where my curiosity towards freddie mercury started.

just a few interesting things about freddie:
1. He was born Farrokh Bulsara.
2. Mercury, was of Indian
Parsi descent and grew up in India
3. Mercury had a recorded range of three octaves (F2-F5).
4. Mercury played the piano in many of Queen's most popular songs.
5. Mercury had a long-term relationship with a girlfriend named Mary Austin (but)
6. Mercury referred to himself as "gay" in a 1974 interview with
NME magazine (that lead to their separation)
7. Mercury and Austin nevertheless remained close friends through the years.
8. He wrote the song "love of my life to the later.
9. Mercury put out two solo albums
Mr. Bad Guy (1985) and Barcelona (1988).
10. Mercury was diagnosed with AIDS in the spring of 1987. But he only admitted it in public in
23 November little over 24 hours after the statement, Mercury died on 24 November 1991
at the age of 45.

Well thats about it for freddie mercury... the "love of my life" still running on my mind.. just a wonderful and powerful song.. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home